completing an assignment
Once your student has created an account and connected to a class, they will be able to complete assignments sent by their teacher. Students should:
- Set up a high-quality recording environment that is quiet and has room to perform.
- Open the assignment from the “Pending Assignments” deck on the Home page and read the instructions.
- Select the record button and follow the on-screen instructions. Calibrate the microphone, making sure to unplug your headphones and turn up your computer speakers so that your microphone can hear the test tone.
- Record. You can record multiple takes and review them under “My Takes.”
- Review. Students can also send a comment to their teacher with the recording and assessment.
If you or your student are having trouble creating an account, completing an assignment, or using SmartMusic, our support team is here to help.
exploring the library
If your student has a premium SmartMusic subscription, they can explore the entire library and access any piece of music.
Students can search for music to play directly on the homepage, or select the Navigation Icon in the upper right and choose Find Music. Within Find Music, students can explore featured categories and genres, or use the search function and filter results by title, publisher, composer, instrument, and genre to find a specific piece.
Parents can upgrade their students’ subscriptions directly in SmartMusic, granting access to the entire library. Learn more about premium subscription pricing.