Last fall, we released the new Playlist feature in SmartMusic to help users save, organize, and easily access your music in My Library. To date, there have been over 18,000 playlists created by teachers and students that include over 150,000 Interactive and Digital titles! And now—as promised—we’re excited to “share” that you’ll be able to share those curated playlists with other users using a link.
Teachers can benefit from Playlist sharing by:
- Supplementing the SmartMusic assignment process and sharing practice playlists with students.
- Embedding playlist links in an LMS or other digital classroom for easy access.
- Sending a list of Sight Reading Builder outlines to students.
- Emailing playlist links to students.
- Sending and receiving playlists to/from colleagues for ideas and inspiration.
Students can benefit from Playlist sharing by:
- Sharing their favorite pop, movie/TV, or video game titles with peers.
- Submitting their own curated practice playlists to their teacher.
- Curating and sharing a list of repertoire recommendations for the next concert.
Here’s how it works:
Haven’t created a SmartMusic Playlist yet? Click here to get started.
- To share one of your SmartMusic Playlists, start by navigating to My Library.
- Navigate to the Playlist List, or the Playlist Details Page.
- Click Share.
- Click Make Public.
- Copy the generated playlist link.
- Distribute the playlist link with students or other recipients as necessary—post in your LMS, email to students, or share on social media.
For more information, visit the Playlist Sharing FAQ.