I hope that you’re in a good place to sit, relax, and enjoy this episode because this discussion with Alex Shapiro is one that I will never forget! Alex is a composer by trade, but so much more than that. She’s taken wind band music to a new level with the incorporation of recorded sounds and electronica. She is an environmental activist, thought leader, and mentor. She’s a creator in every sense of the word. In this episode we talk about life, finding meaning, living with passion, the Creative Repertoire Initiative (which, if you haven’t heard of this, is going to make your whole year right now!), and how you can change your perspectives about this whole new digital realm that we’ve discovered. All of that and so much more in this short discussion.
This Episode Is Available On:
- Living with passion
- Work-life balance
- Finding a place for activism
- Digital intimacy and looking at what we can do with technology
- Creative Repertoire Initiative – Wind Repertory Project
- Facebook: Creative Repertoire Initiative
- Wind Repertory Project
- Putting the E- in E-nsemble syllabus
Liked this podcast? Check out more Music Ed Mentor Podcasts.