I’m sure you’ve heard that there’s a lot of government funding out there for schools! In this episode, I bring in my friend Mike Kamphuis, Managing Director of the Division of Education at Conn Selmer, who has been working for more than a decade to help schools get more funding. We’ll take you through the steps you need to take to access these funds for your program—no fundraising or grant-writing needed.
We’ll also talk about free supports for making your case in accessing the funding. We’ll talk about how much money is out there, why now is the best time to access it, and how to find the information you need to make it happen. Just think—what would you do with extra funding for your program?
This Episode Is Available On:
- Finding the person at your school with access to federal funding.
- Stakeholders (parents, community, administration) who can help with your needs assessment.
- ESSER statutes—what does your program need?
- How funds can be applied to your program.
- Timeline for funding.
- Conn-Selmer: ESSER Funds
- Conn-Selmer Covid-19 Resources
- Free Inventory System: About Instrument Inventory Management
- Foundation Directory Online: Find Grantmakers & Nonprofit Funders
- Registration for Conn-Selmer Institute Connect 2021 (Use code musicedmentor20)
Liked this podcast? Check out more Music Ed Mentor Podcasts.