This week’s episode recaps a webinar I recently hosted that wasn’t really a webinar at all! Not a lesson, not a lecture—it was a work session. I brought on my friend and colleague Jessica Peresta to help walk us through exactly how to plan for next school year—no matter what the situation will be.
One of the biggest struggles right now is dealing with the anxiety and fear around what the next school year might look like. Will you have to implement social distancing? Will you be entirely online? Will things be back to normal, but hopefully a lot cleaner? The key to feeling secure is having a secure plan.
It’s my belief that by having a plan to submit to your admin, you are demonstrating initiative which can be a great tool for advocating for your music program, showing exactly how prepared you are to comply with whatever mandates you are given in support of your students. We will cover contingency plans for every situation you might be faced with next year so you can go back to teaching with ultimate confidence.
This Episode Is Also Available On:
- How to connect, reconnect, and renew relationships with students
- Strategies for continued online learning
- Ideas for how to adapt lessons to comply with social distancing measures
- Mapping curriculum for various scenarios for the next school year
- Ways for teachers to collaborate
Liked this podcast? Check out more Music Ed Mentor Podcasts.