A couple of days before recording this episode, I posted a little poll in the Music Educators Creating Online Learning Facebook Group. I asked one small, tiny question: What is your biggest frustration with teaching online right now?
My goal in this episode is to try offering a handful of answers and a whole lot of validation towards whatever you are feeling right now. Whether you’re feeling frustration, silliness, joy, gratitude, anger, or fear—whatever you’re feeling—it is validated.
Though there were a dozen responses added to the poll, today’s episode will address the top 5 frustrations that music educators are experiencing during remote instruction and tips for how to handle them.
This Episode Is Also Available On:
- Adapting to change when you’re unprepared
- Staying connected with students
- Meaningful activities for ensembles
- Balancing doing too much vs. not doing enough
- Treating online learning as another tool in your toolbox
Liked this podcast? Check out more Music Ed Mentor Podcasts.