I recorded this episode while attending the National Association for Music Education (NAfME) conference in November, and the best part was getting to meet so many people! I met music educators from across the country. I met parents of all national honor ensemble students. I reconnected with friends I haven’t seen in months. I heard musical performances that made me cry. I basked in the sun by a pool. And I spoke to attendees about their conference experience.
The first question I asked attendees was simple – why were they at the conference? For most attendees, there was significant travel involved, and I wanted to know why it was worth it for these people. If you can make it to your local, state, or national conference, I highly recommend that you do. And if you can’t this year and you opt to get your PD from the International Music Education Summit, that’s a wonderful option, too.
This Episode Is Also Available On:
- Why are conferences worth it?
- What you can expect to learn or experience at the NAfME conference
- Finding social-emotional learning resources
- Your colleagues’ favorite part of professional development conferences
- How to make life-long connections at conferences
Liked this podcast? Check out more Music Ed Mentor Podcasts.