Our last episode featured secrets for staying happy and healthy this holiday season. To build on that theme, this week my guest is Dan Tricarico, author of The Zen Teacher: Creating Focus, Simplicity, and Tranquility in the Classroom. Our discussion will give you some more ideas for staying happy and healthy. It’s up to you whether you implement them during this busy season, or wait to use them to help you start the year anew in January.
In the podcast below we talk about:
- What we can do to be calmer and more centered: no matter what is happening in the classroom
- How can we deal with frustrating students, parents, colleagues, and administrators
- How to bring some zen into your classroom to improve student behavior, increase student retention, and gain an overall joy of teaching
This Episode Is Also Available On:
- Being a zen music teacher can happen anytime, anywhere, for anyone
- You don’t need a ton of time: start with five minutes
- Music is the perfect vehicle for a zen moment
5 Apps to Help You Create and Practice Zen
As a bonus, I’ve shared my top five favorite meditation apps to help you create and practice zen anywhere and anytime.
Enter your email below to download the PDF.
- The Zen Teacher
- The Zen Teacher Online Academy
- 8 Ways to Use SmartMusic as a Classroom Teaching Tool (Giovanna’s webinar)
- The Professional Music Educator Blog
- Try SmartMusic for Free