Earlier this month, we couldn’t wait to announce the list of new features, app improvements, and repertoire additions that SmartMusic users can expect for next school year. Now, we’re even more excited to add another item to that list.
You’ve asked for video recording in SmartMusic… and we listened.
While hearing your students practice is the biggest piece of the assessment pie, we understand that when it comes to grading things like posture, fingering, and embouchure, a visual component is necessary in order to get the full picture.
That’s why we’ve recently acquired the technology behind Upbeat Music App! Upbeat Music App is a music collaboration tool that allows musicians to record and generate virtual performance videos, as well as rehearse remotely in real-time.
Next school year, we’ll integrate this technology into SmartMusic, providing a video recording component to accompany and sync with the existing audio assessment.
Even better, this exciting upgrade will come at no additional cost to users.
What does this mean for SmartMusic teachers and students?
- Teachers can enable video recording for an assignment.
- Students and Performers will be able to record video with assessment to submit for an assignment.
- Students will be able to self-analyze using video replay and assessment before submitting.
- Both teachers and students will experience enhancements in recording quality.
- Recordings will be saved for students to submit at a later time.
- Teachers will be able to merge student submissions together to create a virtual performance.
For general inquiries, please contact the MakeMusic Support and Services Teams at [email protected].