As musicians ourselves, we know the importance and ease of mind that comes with being able to organize your music into practical and relevant lists. That’s why we’re excited to announce that we are currently developing a new feature that will allow you to do just that!
Just like creating a playlist in your favorite music streaming app or in your music library, SmartMusic’s upcoming Playlist feature will allow you to create custom repertoire playlists to suit every situation. Some examples include:
- Repertoire for your next concert or program.
- A set of titles for a listening assignment.
- Daily warm-ups, scales, and sight reading exercises.
- Student mixtapes that can be shared with you or with classmates.
- Custom content created in Compose.
With playlists you will be able to:
- Easily add music from My Favorites, My Content, Interactive titles, Digital Sheet Music titles, and Sight Reading Builder exercises.
- Reorder the titles, just like reordering titles in your Favorites List.
- Add a description such as program notes or assignment instructions.
- Select a custom image for the playlist (like album art, or a program cover).
- Customize the playlist name and who it’s created by (to protect your students’ names), or list the name of the ensemble.
- Coming soon! Share your playlist with a link.
The Playlist feature is still in development, but will be available this fall. Stay tuned for more details and a more in-depth features list!